1. The English _________ the people who live in England.
2. My wife _________ a beautiful dress for special occasions.
3. Her Grandfather _________ 87 years old, and he still lives alone!
4. When we went to France, we stayed at a ______ near the city centre.
5. He usually gets up at 7 o’ clock ________ the morning.
6. John lives in Argentina, but he comes from ________.
7. How _________ are you?
8. Excuse me, can you spell ________ name?
9. I think this book is __________.
10. ________ artist is a person who creates art.
11. I can’t answer the phone right now. I ________ a shower.
12. Mary´s friend ________ a book about “Geography”.
13. Ann usually _________ coffee for breakfast.
14. Teenagers ________ getting up very early.
15. _______ your best friend speak English?
16. Yesterday morning he ________ Alfred at the office.
17. When the phone rang, I _________________ a shower.
18. "________________________________________?". "He has dark hair and blue eyes."
What does he look like?
What’s he look like?
How is he?
19. The phone's ringing. _____________________________.
I’ll answer it.
I answer it.
I going to answer it.
I should to answered it.
20. The population of Colombia City __________________ to 30 million by the year 2010.
going to grow
21. If I _______________ his secret, I would tell it to you right away.
22. "Do you like this watch?". "Yes, how long _______________ it?"
have you had
23. (On the telephone) "What are you doing now?" __________________.
I’m making my housework.
I make the housework.
I’m doing my homework.
I do the homework.
24. I went to the market _______________ fruit.
for to buy
in order I buy
25. I don’t eat vegetables very often...
So do I
Neither do I
26. Do you know _______________ who’d like to rent my apartment?
27. Summer vacation is only two weeks away. I am really ________________ to it.
28. Have you done your homework?
Yes, just yet
No, not yet
29. What should we do tonight? __________________.
Shall we to go see a film?
Why don’t we go to see a film?
Would we go see a film?
We should to go see a film.
30. The teacher’s coming. We ought to stop _______________ .
31. If I had money I _________ travel to Europe.
32. Last month I _________whisky.
33. I _________ in the evenings.
34. He _________ when I arrived.
35. That is the lion_________ escaped yesterday.
36. You are English, _________?
37. She didn't study, _________?
38. I have been here _________ February.
39. They have been working here _________ a long time.
40. I won't go to your party _________ you send me a card.
in spite of
41. This picture _________ by him.
42. Peter said that he _________ to Miami.
had never gone
has gone never
have never gone
43. What _________ to do tomorrow?
will you do
have you done
are you going
you will do
44. Who _________ my pen?
has been using
will have been using
have been using
has been used
45. Can you open the window? He asked me _________ the window.
46. Don't shout! He ordered me _________ shout.
47. Your room _________ by John.
was being painted
48. I had my car _________ by him.
49. She _________ the phone because she was having a shower.
cannot be answer
50. I _________ to Brazil last year.
51. Unless you get up early I _________ wait for you.
52. The sooner the _________.
53. Who are you waiting _________?
54. Peter hasn't come _________.
55. Do you think he _________ the exam?
is going to pass
56. The best wine _________ in Mendoza.
57. I _________ eat chocolate, I'm on a diet.
58. This tea isn't _________.
59. _________ she has been promoted, he isn't happy.
60. Her car isn't here, she _________ it at home.
must have left
must has left
must have leave
should have left
61. _________ is essential in life.
62. _________ on Friday?
are you going travel
do you travel
are you travelling
did you travel
63. Tell him to call me as soon as she _________.
64. "Open the door." _________ the door.
He said me to open
He told me open
He told me to open
he said me to open
65. "Sue went to school." She said that Sue _________ to school.
66. She will write a letter. A letter _________ by her.
would be written
will be wrote
will be written
will be writing
67. "She told me to go to Miami on business." I _________ to go.
68. "You will play in the second half." He told me that I _________ in the second half.
69. She _________ by her sister.
had washed her car
made her car washed
had her car washed
made washed her car
70. The radiation piercing the atmosphere _________ of tanning or burning in humans.
it is the cause
is the cause
71. Next September my son _________ his studies.
would have finished
will have finishing
will have finished
72. Only our students _________ here.
are allowed to park
are allowed parking
are allowed park
are let parking
73. If I had known she was ill I _________ her.
will have visited
would have visited
74. They never made their children _________.
75. I _________ get up early when I was at Primary School.
am used to
was used to
did used to
76. The _________ during an earthquake are caused by seismic waves.
from the actual vibrations
77. They say the party was a big success. I wish I _________.
78. You are very intelligent so your daughter _________ be a bad student.
79. If only I _________ do something to help you.
will be able to
80. If only I_________ your birthday.
81._________ I live in France, I actually don't enjoy French food much.
82. Don't make him _________.
83. I remember_________in that lake when I was a child.
84. I would have forgiven you if you _________ the truth.
had told me
will tell me
would tell me
were telling me
85. "Listen". She was _________.
ordered to listen
ordered and listened
86. Would you mind _________ in here?. I just find it very unpleasant, I'm afraid.
of not smoking
to not smoke
not to smoke
87. Buy me some clothes and I _________.
would have studied
88. My father hasn't arrived yet. He _________ somewhere else.
may have went
may have gone
can't have gone
should have gone
89. Those people _________ clean the classroom.
was forced to
were forced to
were forcing to
were going to force
90. I'm looking forward_________ you quite soon.
91. I meant _________ there early but I couldn't.
92. The boss asked his secretary _________ a letter.
93. Be quiet! You're not _________ here, you know.
supposing to be
supposed to be
94. I'd rather he _________ in this room.
95. It's late. He'd better_________ now.
to get up
to getting up
96. I suggested _________ by bus.
97. I love this new machine, it's really _________.
98. Sorry you didn't find me at home. _________ out to do some shopping.
I've been going
I'll be going